Quality is the top priority of the corporate philosophy of MESSI COOP, having invested considerable resources over the past decades in order our products to stand out for their superior quality.
All procedures followed at every stage of production from cultivation and harvesting to packing and distribution are completely directed to the production of excellent quality fruits and aligned with the highest quality and food safety standards.
High food safety and hygiene standards
The cooperative implements a certified Integrated Management System of the Agricultural Production that is fully harmonized with the quality requirements of the international quality standards Global Gap, AGRO 2.1 and AGRO 2.2.
With the scientific guidance of our technicians and agronomists, all our members-farmers apply carefully the certified procedures that include strict monitoring of all required works at every stage of cultivation.
Through the traceability system each farm work is entirely controlled and recorded by a central computer system, optimizing our production process in order to distribute only superior quality fruits with no evidence of pesticide residues.
The harvesting of our fruits is strictly held by hand at the appropriate ripeness point which is determined after a series of certain quality tests conducted by our agronomists in order to ensure the high quality and the long shelf life of each fruit.
The stage of packaging is fully certified in accordance with international standards IFS, BRC, ISO 9001: 2008 and ISO22000: 2005 for cleaning, grading, sorting and packing fresh fruits, implementing the highest safety and hygiene standards for packed products.
The storage of our fruits takes place in state-of-the-art cold storage rooms with ozone, ensuring freshness and longevity of the product. The diffuzed ozone is used in the cold rooms in order to eliminate fungal diseases (botrytis, canker, brown rot) as well as to neutralize the quantity of ethylene, contributing to the longest maintance of fruits in excellent condition.
Our fruits are distributed by privately owned refrigerator trucks under perfectly controlled conditions of cooling and humidity, ensuring the freshness and the maintenance of all the quality characteristics of the products.
At the same time, the exports are carried out only in cooperation with companies that implement diligently the required quality and food safety standards.
Fruits with certified origin
Overall, our electronic traceability system integrates all production stages under a single control and monitoring system, providing essential information about the quality as well as the exact identity of origin of our products.
The traceability system controls the entire production process both before and after harvesting, keeping records about all the agricultural applications that take place in a single field, as well as about all procedures at the stage of standardization-packaging in order to certify that each product comes from a certain farmer and field according to the requirements of the applied quality systems.
From our fields to consumer!
The path of fruit
- Integrated Management System of the Agricultural Production (Global Gab, AGRO1&2.2)
- Monitoring all agricultural applications through a single traceability system
- Scientific guidance of the entire production process by our agronomists
- Regular quality controls and tests
- Harvesting is done by hand
- Determination of the appropriate ripeness point after certain quality tests
- Certified procedures in compliance with IFS, BRC, ISO 9001:2008 & ISO22000:2005
- Packing capacity of 10.000 kg/hour under the highest food safety and hygiene standards
- Storage in state-of-the-art cold storage rooms with ozone
- Maximizing freshness and longevity of the product
- Distribution with privately owned refrigerator trucks under perfectly controlled conditions of cooling and humidity
- Exports carried out under the highest quality and food safety standards
- Fresh fruits with long shelf life
- Products with certified origin